[GLLUG] Outreach Projects

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Thu Oct 14 23:41:49 EDT 2010

Summer just isn't my computing season.  Too many outdoor projects, including
the garden (which is still going strong).  Once we get a strong frost, I'll
be showing up more often.

Anyhow,

I like the idea of the database classes.  SQL basics in particular is of
value to office workers, as so much reporting nowdays is SQL driven.

Very few programmers actually understand database design, so that's a great
choice, too.  For that session, I'd also recommend inviting the local JUG
(meets at MSU).

5.) Another KeySigning and Asymetric Crypography is way overdue.  I could
run that almost anytime after Thanksgiving, but reliable Internet Access is
pretty much a requirement for that event.

I'll also volunteer to help out with either database topic (another body, or
running a session).  No preference either way, but I don't want to step on
any toes.