[GLLUG] Outreach Projects

David Singer david at ramaboo.com
Thu Oct 14 23:37:55 EDT 2010

Even though I am not an active member any more due to living on the
west cost I think you should do a web sites 101 course. Web
development is obviously huge right now and unlike a lot of more
traditional programing the skill set is often smaller and it has the
huge benefit of having a complete product in virtual no time. Unlike a
C++ program where you spend the first year learning to make white text
appear on a black screen with web development in the first class you
could have a complete page up an running. It also ties in nicely with
a lot of other things you mentioned. SQL for the database. Command
line to setup projects, move files, and deploy though Github. Giving
people VPS boxes or Shells would also get people into Linux without
them needing to devote their person computer to Linux. This could be a
good upsell for Jeff and Zordio - give away a free x months of hosting
to people that take the class then kick in the billing once there
hooked..

David