[GLLUG] linux-user Digest, Vol 89, Issue 7

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Fri Sep 17 20:24:44 EDT 2010

On 09/17/2010 08:03 PM, Jeremy Neil wrote:
> ok first off if the subject of this email says what im told not to have
> it say then, i dont know how to change it (im using gmail). if an IRC
> channel was recreated, which by the way i was the one who suggested, i
> would have no problem being on just about all day. however i know it
> would take much more then just one person. i on the other hand find it
> hard to talk with this email type of conversation and, i find irc a very
> quick and easy way to communicate with another. since i dont have a
> reliable way to travel to schulers at the moment other then walking and
> i dont liek waiting a long time i just find it easier to talk via IRC.
> well, its nice meeting all of you who ever it is thats a part of gllug.
> if i find out how to use the email system better then perhaps i'll speak
> more. oh yeah i believe #gllug has been taken by the greater london
> linux users group :/

I'll echo what Karl said and add: If you want a GLLUG IRC channel, just
create one on any of the major networks and post instructions on how to
get to it. Like most volunteer-run groups, you have to take it upon
yourself to do something if you ever want to see it happen. For
instance, I suggested reCAPTCHA for gllug.org's spam problem and then
somehow became the webmaster. (If that word is even used anymore.)

Charles
--
http://bityard.net