[GLLUG] 16 megs ram laptop

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue Sep 21 07:54:43 EDT 2010

On 09/20/2010 06:59 PM, user at qtm.net wrote:
> I have a 16 megs ram laptop with only input is a 3 1/2 inch floppy.
> What is the best distribution to put on this laptop? It has windows 95.

Right below your message was this sale notice from Buy.com:

http://www.buy.com/prod/asus-eee-pc-1001px-mu27-bk-10-1-netbook-intel-atom-n450-1gb-ddr2-160gb/q/loc/101/216082730.html

Unless you're looking to try embedded development, I wouldn't bother
trying to do anything with a 16mb, floppy-based laptop.  I have a phone
running Linux that is bigger than that.  If it's bulky, it might be
useful to fill it with cement and use it to anchor your boat.
Otherwise, let it go.

Clay