[GLLUG] eBook Daily Deal - DTrace: Dynamic Tracing in Solaris, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD

Philip J. Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:16:47 EDT 2011

"DTrace: Dynamic Tracing in Solaris, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD" by Greeg and Mauro is available as an eBook for $10 today only at http://www.informit.com/deals/. (The dead tree version lists for $55 (Amazon $38), the ebook version lists for $45, and the Kindle version is $35.)

The multi-award winning "DTrace can revolutionize the way you debug operating systems and applications. Using DTrace, you can dynamically instrument software and quickly answer virtually any question about its behavior. Now, for the first time, there’s a comprehensive, authoritative guide to making the most of DTrace in any supported UNIX environment—from Oracle Solaris to OpenSolaris, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD."

DTrace is also available on Linux in a slightly lesser form. (It doesn't change the kernel's source code.)

Disclaimer, I have no connection to either the authors or InformIT. I just think that DTrace is one of the coolest things since sliced bread.

Phil
--
"What do you think of the Macintosh now?"
It is the least unsatisfactory personal computer I know of, but that's an easy win, considering the competition.