[GLLUG] New meeting location

Stan Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Tue Aug 2 20:18:59 EDT 2011

OK, I am sitting at the Coffee & Friends Cafe.  I was able to have a
longish chat with the owners.  They are both nice folks and would be
more than happy to have us meet here.  There is another small group that
meets on Thursdays, but there should be no conflict.  They will put up a
reserved sign for us in the North seating area (more electrical outlets
there).  It is on the side of the cafe facing the internal parking lot,
with a couple of counters and tall stools.  We will get a space with a
counter and some tables.  Pretty nice setup, actually.

It is also workable to have presentation type meetings at this
location.  We just need to let them know ahead of time.

The only drawback that I can see is that they close at 9:00 pm.  That is
a little early, but not too bad.  We'll see if that means everybody out
by 9 pm sharp, or if they just stop serving at that time.

So, by personal edict, the meeting for this Thursday is now moved to The
Coffee and Friends Cafe, at 5100 Marsh Road, Okemos.   It is northeast
of the Meridian Mall (with bus service).  East of Marsh Rd. and north of
Central Park Drive.

See everyone there, then.

Stan