[GLLUG] Meeting Location Discussion

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Sat Jan 29 20:08:50 EST 2011

LCC and Davenport aren't likely to be any better than the library
since both of those are pretty much abandoned after school hours. MSU
is hard to get into without student or faculty sponsorship, and if
memory serves, such an arrangement would give the university some sort
of theoretical control over how the group is run. (Although we
appreciate them hosting the mailing list for us!) This doesn't rule
out meeting somewhere closer to MSU, though.

Gone Wired has been our most successful venue, mostly due to its space
and casual atmosphere. Is anyone familiar with the Biggby locations
around town? Are any suitable for meetings, space-wise? (I'm assuming
the wifi situation is fine since I know people who work all day there,
besides the baristas.)

Charles

http://bityard.net