[GLLUG] GLLUG Ad, Take 2

Ranti Junus ranti.junus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 10:17:20 EDT 2011

I wonder if the last sentence of the first paragraph can be re-word like this:
It is free to use and no viruses, worms, or spyware currently known to
cause problems on Linux PC.

I also wonder if the Ubuntu part can be separated in another sentence.
So, the first paragraph perhaps can be re-written like this:

Linux is an alternative to Windows or Mac OSX and can replace them on
almost any computer that still runs. It is free to use and no viruses,
worms, or spyware currently known to cause problems on Linux PCs.
Linux comes in various flavor for you to choose; Ubuntu is one of
them.

I added the "for you to choose" hoping it can help set the tone that
one has power in choosing which OS they want to use.

I like Karl's idea about the last sentence of the last paragraph. It's
simpler and to the point.

Nice job, Chick. Thanks for the initiative.

thanks,
ranti.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's my latest version.  I'm not entirely satisfied with the wording of
> the last sentence in the first paragraph, so feel free to suggest other ways
> of saying the same thing yet remaining truthful.  Thanks.
> Linux, one version of which is called Ubuntu, is an alternative to Windows
> and Mac OSX that can replace them on almost any computer that still runs.
>  At this time there are no viruses, worms, or spyware known to cause
> problems on Linux PCs, and it is free to use.
[...]

--
Bulk mail.  Postage paid.