[GLLUG] CrunchBang Install CD

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 22:54:10 EDT 2011

I forgot to mention that, if anyone wants to try CrunchBang Linux, I
made two install CDs that I'd be willing to part with.  It has a rather
nicely-configured Openbox window manager interface running on top of
Debian Sqeeze, and it uses lightweight apps by default to make it run
better on older hardware.  It used to be based upon Ubuntu, but no
longer, although it does retain that
doing-every-admin-task-with-the-first-created-user-and-sudo idea from
Ubuntu.  Maybe Debian uses a separate root account, but I don't know.
Anyway, if anyone wants to give it a go, let me know.  The CD is also a
live CD, so you can try it before installing it.
--

                                Chick