[GLLUG] A heads-up about the room party

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue Mar 29 14:28:16 EDT 2011

For those not following the discussion on penguicon-general, there has
been a bit of a dust-up about the fact that while there is a mass
wedding ceremony for couples at Penguicon this year, there was no
corresponding event for polygamous groups.

To ease the butt-hurt, I offered two things:

1. An opportunity for polygamous groups to publicly pledge their eternal
unity and celebrate it with good German beer.  Proposed time is 10pm on
Friday.  Said service will be as legally binding as any other polygamous
marriage in Michigan (i.e. not at all).

2. Free beer for anybody married at Penguicon.

Just to be safe, we'll also give out free beer to anybody who isn't
married at Penguicon.

Anybody who decides to be a dick about it in some way (and yes, there's
a guy who seems to want to be a dick) has to pay for a keg of good beer
or a bottle of single malt scotch before they can come in.  I figure
this is probably a safe policy for anybody who wants to be a dick about
anything.

And yeah, it's a complete crock of fertilizer.  But it generates some
publicity for the room party.

Clay