[GLLUG] Speaking of (and to) GLLUG hams

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Sun May 15 23:21:24 EDT 2011

BTW, for those GLLUGers who are also ham radio operators, I am currently
trying to "place" about 60 years worth of ham radio equipment, going
back to WWII Airforce Radio Transmitters.  Lots of high end meters,
tubes, etc.  Lots of manuals and periodicals, e.g. CQ and QST from the
mid '40s.  Transceivers up to about 10 years ago.  Much that I can't
even identify.  The ham in question had a special class license and
liked to build.  He worked for General Electric.  I must have 3000
resistors in a drawer, and a large box of panel meters, just as an
example.  Some rectifiers as big as your thumb.  Project parts from pico
to kilo.  He built, and sold, a kilowatt power supply for his
transmitter.  If any of you have a passion or fondness for (especially
vintage) ham gear, please contact me.  It is going to get sold on-line
or at auction, but you should be able to get first dibs if you let me
know what you are looking for, and are willing to pay a fair price for
the good stuff.

Stan