[GLLUG] linux color laser duplex ethernet

Tom Schouten tom at zwizwa.be
Fri Nov 18 11:16:09 EST 2011

On 10/28/2011 09:30 PM, Clay Dowling wrote:
> On 10/28/2011 04:17 PM, STeve Andre' wrote:
>> On 10/27/11 11:02, Tom Schouten wrote:
>>> - good linux drivers
>>> - ethernet
>>> - color
>>> - duplex
>>> - large tray
>> PostScript is likely getting harder to find, at least on cheap
>> printers, but it has no equal (and no, PCL though good is not
>> as good as PostScript).
> I can strongly recommend the Konica Minolta Magicolor 1650 EN.  It
> does great color, duplex, large tray, ethernet and it's a postscript
> driver.  I have one and love it.  The price is also excellent, better
> than most of the competition.  The only downside is that it is not a
> very fast printer.  If you flood it with image data (like 100 page
> scanned documents) the printing speed slows down to about 30 seconds a
> page, but normally it's a lot better.

I got one on sale for $160 at Adorama:
http://www.adorama.com/KCMC1650EN.html

It seems to be a nice printer indeed, though it doesn't seem to have a
duplexer installed.
Now that I check the specs more carefully it says "optional".  The KM
website lists it as $99 MSRP.
http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/content/products/models/magicolor1650en.html?info=Accessories

Did you order the duplexer / large tray separately?