[GLLUG] linux color laser duplex ethernet

STeve Andre' andres at msu.edu
Fri Oct 28 16:17:33 EDT 2011

On 10/27/11 11:02, Tom Schouten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone have any recommendations for a laser printer with the following
> features:
>
> - good linux drivers
> - ethernet
> - color
> - duplex
> - large tray

I am not up to date with the current crop of printers out now,
but let me suggest that a PostScript printer is just about
universally usable from any op system.  The very little I have
play (fought) with cups hasn't inspired much confidence in it.

PostScript is likely getting harder to find, at least on cheap
printers, but it has no equal (and no, PCL though good is not
as good as PostScript).

--STeve Andre'