[GLLUG] linux color laser duplex ethernet

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Oct 28 21:30:52 EDT 2011

On 10/28/2011 04:17 PM, STeve Andre' wrote:
> On 10/27/11 11:02, Tom Schouten wrote:
>> - good linux drivers
>> - ethernet
>> - color
>> - duplex
>> - large tray
> PostScript is likely getting harder to find, at least on cheap
> printers, but it has no equal (and no, PCL though good is not
> as good as PostScript).
I can strongly recommend the Konica Minolta Magicolor 1650 EN.  It does
great color, duplex, large tray, ethernet and it's a postscript driver.
I have one and love it.  The price is also excellent, better than most
of the competition.  The only downside is that it is not a very fast
printer.  If you flood it with image data (like 100 page scanned
documents) the printing speed slows down to about 30 seconds a page, but
normally it's a lot better.

PostScript is actually getting easier to find in printers. Aladdin's
commercial GhostScript engine is considerably more affordable to license
than Adobe's, and that has fueled more and cheaper PostScript printers.