[GLLUG] [Off-Topic] Linux-friendly Banks & Credit Unions -- Resolved

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 00:20:50 EDT 2012

Thank you all for your suggestions.  It turns out that Bank of America
is not targeting Linux, nor has it yet subjected Linux to benign
neglect.  I had thought I didn't have Flash installed, but it was listed
in my add-ons in Firefox 3.6.24.  Disabling it there allowed the website
to work, and it's one of the many tips they have for using Firefox with
their website.  So, if there are any other BoA clients, be aware of this
particular tip if the website refuses to display your sitekey.  You
might also have to allow BoA to install add-ons, another of their tips,
although I can't tell that it did.

I don't know why it no longer works with Flash, but the change occurred
after I used it Wednesday and before I used it Friday.  It also occurred
using Konqueror and Seamonkey over dial-up, and using Firefox 11.0 with
the library's wireless network.

                                Chick