[GLLUG] CLI renaming question

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 22:15:51 EDT 2012

Yeah, I don't have to use it often, but rename really does make tricky
file renaming jobs easy.

Hey, your rename command is different than the one I've used on
Slackware and Arch.  There's no mention of using vi-like commands on the
filenames.  I think I would have just typed

rename vactions!!!!!?? vactions?? vactions???????.jpg

for the ones with two digits in the names, and perhaps again with extra
question marks for those with three digits in their names.  I haven't
tested it, though.

                                Chick