[GLLUG] This is what I want a Raspberry Pi for - my youngest kid is 11

Don Bosman dbosman at msu.edu
Sat Apr 21 20:39:05 EDT 2012

    Snake Wrangling for Kids

http://www.briggs.net.nz/snake-wrangling-for-kids.html

Learning to Program with Python.

Copyright (C) 2007. All Rights Reserved.

"Snake Wrangling for Kids" is a printable electronic book, for children
8 years and older, who would like to learn computer programming. It
covers the very basics of programming, and uses the Python
<http://www.python.org> 3 programming language to teach the concepts.

There are 3 different versions of the book (one for Mac, one for Linux
and one for Windows), and the printable 1.4MB PDFs can be downloaded
from the Google Code project for free (zipped size is about 1MB):

http://code.google.com/p/swfk/downloads/list

There have been over 40,000 downloads, as of early 2012.

NOTE: If you want to use Python 2, download version 0.7.2
<http://code.google.com/p/swfk/downloads/list?can=2&q=0.7.2&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+Size+DownloadCount>.
Please note: this is a self-edited (obviously unpublished) manuscript
(with help/feedback from the Python community), and as such may not be
quite as polished as I would like. Feedback is welcome, and I'll update
the book whenever necessary. If your kids are having trouble
understanding something, please let me know, and I'll use the feedback
to hopefully make improvements.

The original combined version (including all 3 operating systems) of the
book can still be found here
<http://code.google.com/p/swfk/downloads/list?can=4&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+Size+DownloadCount>.