[GLLUG] This is what I want a Raspberry Pi for - my youngest kid is 11

STeve Andre' andres at msu.edu
Sat Apr 21 21:05:47 EDT 2012

This is most cool!  I will point out however, that $50 can buy a used Dell
that will run circles around this unit, with the possible exception of
graphics.  Take some Linux or BSD to put on it and expose the kid to a
non-windows os, and then the snake wrangling begins. ;-)  With that
you have more storage, etc.

Used lower end hardware is so cheap these days that it's close to free.
At the Recyclerama event in Lansing last week, I saw dozens of Dells
and things that would have been ripe for exactly this.  *sigh*

--STeve Andre'