[GLLUG] Proposal: Discussion group

Stan Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Tue Apr 24 18:50:57 EDT 2012

Hmmm..... never been in a book club so I can't say for sure.  The plan
is to pick readings on interesting and worthwhile topics which will
stimulate discussion to help everyone better understand the issues
brought up in the readings.  It is a professional development endeavor,
or perhaps something to more deeply engage in one's avocation.  I can
see topics such as the value of new technologies, how to expand the
implementation of OSS (and why), efficient, effective, and inspired uses
of current technology, comparing technologies, political and
(especially) security issues, etc.  There is, after all, a great deal
out there worthy of learning, and group efforts can be so much more
effective, and fun.

Stan