[GLLUG] Time for Another Venue?

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Aug 31 13:58:47 EDT 2012

On 8/31/12 1:42 PM, Chick Tower wrote:
> Last night the internet access at the Chapbook Cafe was terribly slow,
> down to about three or four times the speed of dial-up access much of
> the time.  If it continues, should we consider returning to Coffee &
> Friends, now that the summer heat appears to be over, or maybe another
> venue for our meetings?  Someone said last night that Tim Horton's has
> good internet access, but, having never been in one, I don't know if
> they have the space or electrical outlets to handle us.
Coffee and Friends is currently suffering an extreme existential
challenge, so they aren't an option.  I think we should give Chapbook
another opportunity.  The amount of internet access we need is fairly
low, and most of us don't try to run major updates/installs over it at
GLLUG.  It was the -no- access situation of the previous Chapbook
incarnation that was the problem.

Clay