[GLLUG] Why do we use Linux

Ben Chavez ebcha1974 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 13:01:06 EST 2012

Hello everybody.
I was thinking I haven't written anything to the mailing list in a
while, so this morning while I was surfing the web I found this entry in
a blog site. I thought to share it with you since I found sound what
true and funny at the same time. Here it is

/"We tell people we use Linux because it's secure. Or because it's free,
because it's customizable, because it's free (the other meaning),
because it has excellent community support. But all of that is just
marketing crap. We tell that to non-Linuxers because they wouldn't
understand the real reason. And when we say those false reasons enough,
we might even start to believe them ourselves. /

/But deep underneath, the real reason remains./

//

/*We use Linux because it's fun!*/

//

/It's fun to tinker with your system. It's fun to change all the
settings, break the system, then have to  go to recovery mode to repair
it. It's fun to have over a hundred distros to choose from. It's fun to
use the command line.
Let me say that again./

//

/*It's fun to use the command line.*/

//

/No wonder non-Linuxers wouldn't understand./

//

/The point with us Linux fans is -- we use Linux for its own sake. Sure,
we like to get work done. Sure, we like to be secure from viruses. Sure,
we like to save money. But those are only the side-effects. What
we really like is playing with the system, poking around, and
discovering completely pointless yet fascinating facts about the OS./

//

/And that's the reason we use Linux because/

//

//*Linux is Fun*"
//

Probably not everybody will agree but I thought it was funny any way.
Have a nice weekend every one

//
//