[GLLUG] How to Remove Your Google Search History Before Google's New Privacy Policy Takes Effect | Electronic Frontier Foundation

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:21:37 EST 2012

I can't tell if you're joking, Frank, so I'll answer in a serious manner.

I don't think it does, since these instructions require you to sign into
your Google/GMail account to remove your web history.  However, if you
want to use Google Search but without allowing Google to track you, use
Scroogle Scraper:

    http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm

Unfortunately, right now the site appears to be malfunctioning or has
been shut down.  All I get is a blank page.  I have seen a message on it
recently that said Google is blocking it, and it does submit your search
requests to Google's search engine.

The DuckDuckGo search engine supposedly doesn't track users.  It's
available at

    http://duckduckgo.com/

                                Chick