[GLLUG] Please lecture me in Network Files Sharing

Ben Chavez ebcha1974 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 11:13:24 EST 2012

Hope every one is having a nice weekend.
My question today is about File sharing over the network, I recently
moved my laptop from Gnome to Xfce, everything is fine except when I
need to access files in my desktop.

When I was using Gnome that was not a problem because Nautilus detects
other devices over the Network but Thunar does not.
I was playing with Samba last night and I was able to see the share
folder and the files in, on the command line when issuing

$ smbclient //LocalHost/Downloads

But I couldnt figure out how to actually get them to open in my Laptop||

I will appreciate it. Thank  you.