[GLLUG] rootfs is filling up

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 00:36:02 EST 2012

You could sort the list of files in /var/log by size (ls -aoS, or -aorS
if you want the largest ones last) and see what's filling up the largest
logs.  It might be the same error message over and over, which would
help diagnose the problem.

I'm not an expert on log files.  Are you using this PC (these PCs) as a
server?  If your server is getting a lot of mail or spam, that might
explain it.  A faulty configuration of some service might cause its log
file to explode, too.

If /var/log seems to be where all the space is being used, I don't think
you need to post your package list for us.

                                Chick