[GLLUG] rootfs is filling up

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 00:45:20 EST 2012

You need to configure logrotate to take care of your log files.  It
probably is handling some of them by default.  However, if slim.log has
only been used for a few days, I'd say there's a problem somewhere.  I
don't know anything about slim, though.

My own extremely-lightly-used Arch installation on this desktop has only
24MB in all of /var.  About all I use it for, though, is GnuCash, and I
don't use slim.  I log in to the command line.  Unfortunately, the
laptop I mostly use Arch on is 500 miles away, but I'm sure it's /var
directory is nowhere as large as yours or I would have run out of space
a long time ago.

                                Chick