[GLLUG] Laptop Power Cords

STeve Andre' andres at msu.edu
Sat Jun 2 00:06:10 EDT 2012

On 06/02/12 00:00, Chick Tower wrote:
> I like to check out the ads on Craigslist for laptop PCs.  Many of
> them say they don't include the power cord.  Does anyone have any real
> idea of why this seems to be so common?  Could it be that the laptops
> are stolen?  Do any of you have problems keeping track of your laptop
> power cords?

I like having nn spare power cords for thinkpads so I can litter them at
home and my office, backpack, car, etc.

If they say "power cord", that could also mean the AC cord that goes to
the power supply.  In my case, extras of those are useful for other
things, as they're a standard that is used by other electronics; I always
keep those, if the power supply brick dies.

Lastly, sure, there are lots of stolen laptops out there.  When mine
was stolen out of my office, the power supply was left...

--STeve Andre'