[GLLUG] Laptop Power Cords

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Sat Jun 2 10:09:42 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like to check out the ads on Craigslist for laptop PCs.  Many of them say
> they don't include the power cord.  Does anyone have any real idea of why
> this seems to be so common?  Could it be that the laptops are stolen?  Do
> any of you have problems keeping track of your laptop power cords?

Any laptop that doesn't come with a power brick or any other
accessories is a good candidate for having been stolen. Same for a
cell phone, iPad, or other portable electronic device. I don't care
how disorganized you are, if you bought the thing new, you should be
able to dig up *something* that came with it.

One possible way to tell if an item is hot: ask for the serial number.
If it's a thief (or fence) trying to sell it, I doubt you'd get a
response.

Charles