[GLLUG] Drupal on Windows (part 2)

frank.dolinar at comcast.net frank.dolinar at comcast.net
Tue Jun 5 10:44:06 EDT 2012

Hi, everyone,
This note is a follow-up to the previous one that was sent out from my IBM email.
Please DO NOT respond to me at fadolina at us.ibm.com
Please respond to me at frank.dolinar at comcast.net

I have a colleague who's interested in learning about Drupal.
She uses Windows at work and at home.

My questions to you are as follows:
What's required to set up Drupal on Windows?
If anyone can provide additional information and/or specific configuration information, I'd be interested in seeing it.
Further, if you can tell me what's involved in setting up a database that Drupal can access and what's actually needed in Drupal to explicitly perform that access (e.g. logins (et al.), table structure, create, retrieve, update, delete, etc.), I'm interested in that too.

As usual, any information will be greatly appreciated.

Note that I've found and transmitted to her this page -- http://drupal.org/documentation/install/windows

Thanks,
Frank

Frank Dolinar