[GLLUG] So the new Macbook Pro...

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Thu Jun 14 07:53:21 EDT 2012

On 6/13/2012 9:22 PM, Eduardo Cesconetto wrote:
> Upgrading RAM to the same motherboard is a waste of time and effort
> for most people, maybe not for us geeks, dweebs, nerds, etc… Do you
> believe a lawyer, dentist, doctor, engineer o any other professional
> would spend time even thinking of gaining 3.765% speed by replacing RAM?
Anybody who bought a 4GB MBP with snow-leopard, then upgraded to Lion.
My box went from being a nice usable machine to sluggish as all heck.

Honestly, the fruit stand charges too much money for what it's
delivering. With keyboard and mouse failures being common (I had both
within the first year, and I'm not alone), I can't really think of it as
a great computer. A car company shipping a product with two major
usability failures in the first year would be in trouble. But because of
slick marketing, we accept this from a computer company.

I'm due for a laptop upgrade at the end of the year, and while the
employer is willing to spring for the latest and greatest macbook pro or
air, I'm going to have to seriously evaluate whether or not that's
something I want to do.

Clay