[GLLUG] Low-power Home Server

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Mon Jun 18 12:22:58 EDT 2012

If you're willing to spend a little time, you can setup openwrt on a higher
end consumer router.  I think you can find something that fits your basic
requirements.  If you need a little more kick every once in a while, but
not always, add a p3 with wol.  Keep in mind your Mac mini, ideas, etc.
still needs the gigabit switch, which is built into those routers.