[GLLUG] Low-power Home Server

Barry Tigner tigner at msu.edu
Mon Jun 18 12:34:43 EDT 2012

Hi,

I use a Zotac ad02 ,it uses less than 20W average and has
an AMD E-350 APU 1.6 GHz Dual-Core, 4GB ram, and a 300GB hd.
total cost was under $400 1 year ago from Newegg.

You can get a low power Zotac nano bookshelf system cheap from Newegg.
$169.99 + 13.99 + 74.99 = $258.97. model Zotac ZBOXSD-ID13-U Intel NM10
1 x 204Pin Intel GMA 3150 Black Mini / Booksize Barebone System

dual core intel 1.8ghz
2gb ddr3 800
1TB hard drive

other system specs are:

Onboard Video Intel GMA 3150

Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps

Other models include wireless, bluetooth , remote control, etc.

I use a Zotac ad02 ,it uses less than 20W average and has
an AMD E-350 APU 1.6 GHz Dual-Core, 4GB ram, and a 300GB hd.
total cost was under $400 1 year ago from Newegg.

Zotac ZBOXSD-ID13-U Intel NM10 Black Mini / Booksize Barebone System
Item #: N82E16856173036

Kingston 2GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 800 Unbuffered System Specific
Memory Model KVR800D3S8S6/2G

Refurbished:  Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD10TPVT 1TB 5200 RPM 2.5"
SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

--
Barry Tigner
MSU PA Electronics Design and Service Ctr.
Email: tigner at msu.edu
Phone: 517-884-5538