[GLLUG] Low-power Home Server

Bryan Laur bjlaur at mtu.edu
Mon Jun 18 15:23:33 EDT 2012

pogoplug running archlinuxarm or consumer router running openwrt.

Otherwise, I would suggest a Celeron G530 (Sandy bridge) based machine.
Reuse your old case, hdd, and PSU Then add:  (Example from USA stores)

   -
   http://slickdeals.net/f/4684402-New-June-Rebate-ECS-H61H2-M2-1-0-LGA-1155-Intel-H61-HDMI-Micro-ATX-Intel-Motherboard-14-99-AR-FS-Newegg
   -
   http://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?forumchoice[]=9&q=G530&showposts=0&archive=0&firstonly=1&bcsi_scan_082EA17FE118A781=pwLh3fyuvNBg/skAx0msGLdiBBM/AAAAqh0fTw==&bcsi_scan_filename=newsearch.php