[GLLUG] File search help

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:32:23 EST 2012

If this metadata is recorded in the files, Stan, and it's a text string,
grep should be able to find it.  The strings utility might be needed to
strip the text strings out of Word documents or other formats, although
I don't think it works well on .docx files.  See "man grep" and "man
strings" for more info.

Do you need to do more than just find and list the files?

                                Chick