[GLLUG] Cygwin OpenSSH Server on Win XP x64

Marcus Rademacher endingpop at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:45:06 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has been successful in installing the OpenSSH
server with Cygwin on Windows XP x64? I'm able to get it installed on
Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit, but not XP 64-bit. It seems to be
related to user permissions somehow. It doesn't seem to matter if I make
the user which runs the service an Administrator, it still won't start. My
Google-Fu has gotten me no where, and I'm reaching Einstein's definition of
insanity (trying the same thing over and over, expecting a different
result).

I appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Marcus Rademacher

(P.S. The next time I see a shooting star, I'm going to wish for a proper
SSH client/server and X server built-in to Windows, at least on the
'Professional' versions. A man can dream...)