[GLLUG] Thinkpad BIOS II

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Wed Mar 7 23:43:02 EST 2012

On 03/07/2012 10:24 PM, Chick Tower wrote:
> I forgot my second question.  Could the FreeBSD on the replacement
> hard drive be interfering somehow with the BIOS configuration?  I
> don't see how, but I can't think of anything else to explain it that I
> haven't already asked.
The older bios is probably completely wigged out about the hard drive
parameters it's seeing.  I've never seen a bios refuse to display, but I
have seem them flake out badly when presented with a disk that is bigger
than they were designed to handle.  Maybe this is just flaking out worse
than usual.

Clay