[GLLUG] Thinkpad BIOS II

Marr wm33 at att.net
Thu Mar 8 10:57:00 EST 2012

On Wednesday 07 March 2012 23:43:02 Clay Dowling wrote:
> The older bios is probably completely wigged out about the hard drive
> parameters it's seeing.

Not that I'd rule out the HDD size and/or CHS (Cylinder/Head/Sector)
translation being the problem, but my Toshiba Satellite laptop (bought new in
Mar 2000 and still in part-time use today) came with a 4GB HDD has been
successfully run (with Slackware, of course!) with (IDE/PATA) 20GB, 30GB, and
40GB HDDs (with no reduction in HDD capacity due to any BIOS limitations).

Chick, what size HDD are you replacing the original with? And who makes the
PC's BIOS?

Bill Marr