[GLLUG] Thinkpad BIOS II

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:45:29 EST 2012

That's a great idea, Stan.  Thanks.

I tried it, and it did let me configure the BIOS, so at least I know the
code doesn't reside on the hard disk.

Maybe it is as Clay suggested, that the 10GB hard drive I tried can't be
handled by the BIOS, or maybe, as J. Neveau suggested, it's a problem
with the master/slave jumper setting.  Thanks for those suggestions, too.

I can update the BIOS (by many version numbers and almost four years),
but, since the laptop doesn't have a floppy drive, I'll have to install
Win95 or Win98 first to run the update program, and then install the
Linux I want or try the larger drive again to see if the new BIOS can
recognize it.

                                Chick