[GLLUG] One Simple Solution

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Tue Mar 27 10:23:17 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you remember me asking about trying to swap hard drives in two laptops,
> and having problems getting the laptop to recognize a different hard drive?
>  Well, that problem is solved.

[snip]

Wow, that's a bummer. I guess you're lucky, in a way, that they didn't
take anything _really_ valuable. Although obviously those laptops had
value to you because you were using them.

I talked to someone who said he had a lot of valuable electronics in
his home and one thing he did was place one or two newer (but broken)
laptops out in plain sight next to the door or window. The theory was,
a crook would break in, see the laptop just sitting there, grab it,
and run back out thinking they struck gold right away. I don't know if
this actually works or not, but it sounds plausible given the
intelligence of the average criminal.

Charles