[GLLUG] Network storage question

Bert W. Carrier Jr. bertcarrier at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:11:12 EDT 2012

Hello folks,

I'm building a small Linux network for my office, (8 workstations
running Ubuntu 10.04)  and I'm looking to attach some network storage.
I was thinking about using an old Dell poweredge server that I have
lying around, with some internal HDDs running Ubuntu linux with Samba.
Samba is hard for me though, I'm not much of a networking expert.

A friend suggested that I get a NAS device, which I know very little
about.   Does anyone have any ideas/ suggestions?

Thanks!