[GLLUG] Additional Serial & Parallel Ports

Marr wm33 at att.net
Tue Oct 2 01:01:02 EDT 2012

On Monday 01 October 2012 21:54:38 Chick Tower wrote:
> However, the parallel ports on the bracket and
> on the printer cable I want to use are both male connectors.

That would make me a bit leery. If the DB-25 is not female at the end of the
motherboard/bracket cable, I'd suspect that it might actually be a cable for a
DB-25 _serial_ (RS-232) port rather than a DB-25 parallel port. I'll repeat
what I said eariler: check your pinouts carefully!

If you really do need a DB25F-DB25F adapter, they should be available at many
places, like Jameco. Or try www.monoprice.com -- they seem to have every cable
and adapter under the sun, usually for very good prices.

Bill