[GLLUG] Penguicon

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue Apr 30 17:15:38 EDT 2013

On 04/30/2013 05:08 PM, frank.dolinar at comcast.net wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>     I started sending notes to the Penguicon programming /
> presentation chairs about 10 weeks ago.  I never got a single response
> from anyone.
>     Last Wednesday, one of my colleagues at IBM asked me why I hadn't
> told him I was speaking at Penguicon.   That was the first I had heard
> that I was scheduled.
>     I sent off a relatively polite nastigram to the head of
> programming explaining that since I had no response (and therefore no
> confirmmation) prior to two days before I was supposed to be there,
> that it was, unfortunately, no longer an option.

The normal situation with those aliases is that the addresses are not
connected to people's mailboxes.  Chances are very good that nobody ever
received those messages.

What I've had to do multiple times in the past is send follow-up
messages to the penguicon general list to rattle cages.  That will
either get a response from the responsible party, or more likely,
generate a shit storm.

Clay