[GLLUG] Laptop recommendations?

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Wed Feb 6 13:38:31 EST 2013

I think we all universally like Thinkpads.  I'm working ona Dell
Latitude E6530 right now that's pretty nice.  It's a heavy bear though,
so if you day involves much non-motorized schleping, you might not like it.

I've been relatively happy with my ASUS eeepc as well.  The screen is
small and resources are constrained (it caps out at 2GB RAM), but it
works quite well.  It doesn't play well with Gnome Unity: the
constrained memory causes some gnome apps to crash regularly.  If I were
to downgrade the UI though, I'm pretty sure this machine would be
completely trouble free.  Haven't tried FluxBox on it yet, but I suspect
it would be a happier beast.

Clay