[GLLUG] Laptop recommendations?

Matt Parrott parrott.matt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:52:35 EST 2013

I can't praise my slim and affordable Samsung Chromebook with Ubuntu
installed on it enough.

The screen is a nice matte, without the harsh glare of the cheaper
netbooks. The keyboard is simplified greatly, making for less fumbling for
tiny modifier keys. The 16GB SSD and 4GB of RAM have been more than
sufficient for graphics design, audio editing, and having eleventy-billion
tabs open at a time. The battery life is impressive, even with heavy use.

Not for everyone, of course, but I've never been so happy with a computer.

- Matt Parrott <http://www.swarmstrategies.com/matt> · (317) 324-8282 ·
Skype: matt.parrott