[GLLUG] Vexing Wireless Problem

Charles Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:34:19 EST 2013

On 2/7/13, Jordan Robison <jordan.robison at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another thing to bring up again is to make sure you have the correct
> drivers installed. As you mentioned there could of been a change. Atheros
> has great Linux support but that does not necessarily mean you are using
> the correct drivers. I know Debian some times does not have the correct

It appears to be a problem with the new driver included in at least
some of the newer kernel packages than are originally installed. by
the live CD  I withheld the kernel package from being updated, updated
everything else, and I'm stil able to connect..  In fact, I'm sending
this from the laptop with ArchBang installed on it, even after
rebooting three times since the upgrade.  I don't know if it counts as
a solution, but it works.

Thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions.
--
                    Chick