[GLLUG] Booting Problem Resolution

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 22:35:02 EST 2013

I got the laptop booting again.  I tried a lot of things that didn't
work, like running LILO from live CDs, installing a different boot
manager (GAG)(it's name, not my reaction), and using a live CD to create
a boot CD.  What finally worked was booting the installation CD for the
previous version of Slackware (remember, I don't have the original
Slackware 14.0 installation media), mount the root partition on the hard
drive, and run the LILO executable on the hard disk.  Then, once I got
the hard drive booted, I re-ran LILO to make sure there would be no
lingering problems from mismatched kernels or libraries from the install
CD.  So now I'm a happy camper again.
--

                                Chick