[GLLUG] Why I left Ubuntu ~ Everyday Linux User

bfdamkoehler bfdamkoehler at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 20 10:59:39 EDT 2013

Another way of looking at it is that when Linux started its goal was
100% alignment with the established "real" Unix base. Now that it has
become a stronger force than "real" Unix, it is starting to shed some of
the long time inefficiencies of Unix. X Windows has always had issues.
We are now seeing a programming force around planet trying to come up
with something better. Like anything open source in nature, there are a
few contenders out there (Mir, Wayland). Time will show what happens...

If you don't like Mir, there are plenty of other distros out there this
still offer X Windows.