[GLLUG] Why I left Ubuntu

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Wed Jul 24 13:37:43 EDT 2013

On 07/24/2013 01:16 PM, Bert W. Carrier Jr. wrote:
> This is a great discussion, thanks to all who contributed.  It is also
> timely for me because support for my beloved Ubuntu 10.04LTS is coming
> to an end, and sooner or later I'll have to switch to something else.
> I don't care for Unity and Gnome 3.0 is too resource-hungry for my P4
> 2.4ghz machines.  Any suggestions?
You might find out when Chick is next going to be at a meeting.  He
shares your passion for Clinton Administration era hardware and he's had
some luck.  Ben Chavez is also constantly changing his distro (and Ben
is there most weeks) and might have some excellent recommendations.

I stopped playing with the ancient hardware on a regular basis when I
started having to use my laptop for work.

Clay