[GLLUG] Why I left Ubuntu

Bert W. Carrier Jr. bertcarrier at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 22:39:18 EDT 2013

Lots of great responses, thanks!

Ben, you hit it on the head for me. I'm all about stability and ease of
use for non-linux types.  These are my work machines so no cutting-edge
stuff for me thank you very much.

It's pretty easy for a Windows user to jump on a 10.04 machine and get
to work.  I have 4 linux boxes in my office, all on a network with one
Winxp machine for proprietary software.

I've heard that even though 10.04 will no longer be supported, it may
work well long into the future.  So maybe I won't have to change after
all.  What would be the disadvantages of sticking with 10.04 past the
support limit?