[GLLUG] Why I left Ubuntu

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Thu Jul 25 10:36:37 EDT 2013

On 07/24/2013 10:39 PM, Bert W. Carrier Jr. wrote:
> It's pretty easy for a Windows user to jump on a 10.04 machine and get
> to work.  I have 4 linux boxes in my office, all on a network with one
> Winxp machine for proprietary software.
Bert,

One thing we haven't been clear on, and might be relevant: are these
machines for personal use, or are they for a business?

If they're for a business, most of this question is pointless.  The
smart business decision is to ditch the old hardware and get new, along
with a current LTS release, because the support overhead for outdated
machines, as well as lost productivity, is greater than the cost of new
machines.

If they're for personal use, the question is more involved.

Clay