[GLLUG] Lansing Makers Network

Michael P. Flaga michael at flaga.net
Fri Jun 14 17:03:53 EDT 2013

Lansing Makers Network <http://www.lansingmakersnetwork.org/>  (aka LMN), is
now open at 502 E. Grand River Ave <http://goo.gl/maps/nqUfn> , the former
"Temple Club" in Old Town. And looking for members, volunteers and or
interested persons.

LMN is inviting GLLUG to have their regular weekly meeting at LMN.
Membership to LMN is not required, see below. It is primary goal of LMN to
foster and provide likeminded communities a common space for meeting and
collaborating, such as GLLUG. I anticipate a lot of collaboration in the
future.

FYI-

As LMN members have keys, at least one member needs to be present and
responsible. (for now I will be welcome to host any meetings).

We are accepting membership, tools, etc..., almost anything

All are welcome, stop by, visit or pass on that LMN is open.

We have plenty of space, both horizontal and vertical.

We have internet.

Unlike Schuler's we don't close at 9pm.

We don't have barista's. But since it was the old Temple Club there are
plenty of bar areas.

We have several projects, if others want to help.

We are building our first Laser Cutter.

We are building a twitter-bot (or like) to indicate members are present.

We are looking for security and other type of network improvements.

Several Maker Faire Projects.

As LMN is member/community operated 501(c)3, as such it can be whatever WE
all want, with a focus of Making Things.

Please feel free to ask any questions and or let me know if GLLUG would like
to meet at LMN.

Michael P. Flaga,  <mailto:michael at flaga.net> michael at flaga.net